Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Practicum = Awesome

So tomorrow is my final day of practicum. It was supposed to be today, but I had Tuesday off unexpectedly, so I said I'd come in on Thursday to make up for it.

How do you know you're fortunate to be working at a wonderful practicum? When they get you a cake to thank you for all of the hard work you did. <3 <3 <3 They're totally awesome, I was really touched that they did that for me. They were having a staff meeting when they brought it out, and then my supervisor and a couple other staff members said some wonderfully kind things about how they appreciated the work I did for them and how they were happy to have me there. They said I "set the bar" for future practicum students, which flattered me.

But as sad as I am to finish tomorrow, I will be returning in mid-May for SlutWalk in Vancouver, and I hope to stay in touch with them so I can continue to do volunteer work (of some kind) with them.

If anyone from YouthCO is reading this, thank you so much for the opportunity to do my practicum with you. I was so grateful and felt so blessed to meet everyone and do the work that I did, and I will definitely keep in touch so I can work with you guys again in the future. Thank you thank you thank you for everything. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment