Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Family Support

I am grateful that I have a relative who works in the upper levels of the BC education system. She has access to experience, information and knowledge that I might not otherwise know about.

Case in point: I spent a night at her house over this weekend. In the afternoon, my relative and I took a walk along the pier and I got to share with her some of my future plans for giong into sexual health research. I told her about meeting author Kaycee Jane and sitting down with her, and possibly getting to meet some other big names in the field. She was excited and delighted for me, and I was happy to have her feedback and her support. She told me about sexual health workshops and classes in some of the BC school districts she's worked in, and I know I have that as a possible option for a future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment