Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mishmash of Updates

Trying this again. *shakes her fist at Blogger*

Lots has been going on with me, what with school and my side projects and volunteering going on.

The biggest thing was my participation in Kaycee Jane's presentation at the Burnaby Public Library on Nov. 18th. She was so gracious as to let me participate in her presentation, giving me a small segment at the end in which I presented on criteria I created for teens about dating and becoming sexually active. At the end of my bit, I presented a list of personal criteria I created for myself when I was a teenager and growing up.



Here's the poster for the presentation:






I was really nervous about presenting, but I thought it went pretty well. I enjoyed being able to talk to a few people at the end, and a couple of people asked me questions. I went at the very end of Kaycee's presentation, so I was able to sit through all of her material, and I learned quite a bit. So thank you very much Kaycee for including me and letting me participate! It was a wonderful experience.

Re: loan and bursaries, I got a grant, which will hopefully arrive in the next few weeks so I can pay off my debt and put the rest aside for my practicum costs next semester (assuming I get a practicum in Vancouver). I didn't get any bursaries though, because it was determined that my needs were already being met by other resources. That sucks, but it's to be expected I guess, since my parents are paying for all my schooling expenses.

I haven't heard anything back about my final practicum yet. We have a meeting on the 1st, and I hope I'll have heard back about where I'm going by then. Either I'll be at YouthCo or Options for Sexual Health in Vancouver, or I'll be staying on campus to do it with Student Life (which would be awesome too). I'm hoping I'll hear back by the end of the month, because I have a couple of big decisions riding on where I end up for my practicum.

No comments:

Post a Comment