Friday, December 17, 2010

Good News at Last

Quick 3:30am post from me. Practicum, money and travel issues to blog about.




- Final practicum: at YouthCo HIV/AIDS Society in Vancouver. Awesome organization, hoping I get the placement. Had my interview last week and while I think I could have done better, overall I'm happy with how it went. Damn my nerves.

- Grant: Got the money! As of a couple of weeks ago. It's almost gone now, having put a few hundred on my loan and needing the rest for groceries, errands, etc. Trying to save what little is left. I will be repaying my student loan in full in Jan. once the new semester starts.

- Travel issue: Found out that I was wrong, that my travel expenses from Abbotsford will be about $400 for the semester. Much better than the $1,200 I thought it would be before. There's a pass for UPASS holders that applies to me, and I can use it to travel on the WCE. I will still need a little money to take the skytrain to get to my placement (assuming I don't want to risk getting a ticket), but it's still better than what I thought it would be.

As of yesterday morning, I finished my last final exam, so I'm done for the semester now. Huzzah! I had a *lot* on my plate this semester, and I know there were things I definitely could have put more effort into and done better. But at the same time, I put a lot of effort into my volunteer work, and I'm glad I was able to get done what I did. I've never been a straight-A student, so as long as I'm getting at least B's on my assignments, I'm happy. MSW be damned, I can always upgrade down the road if I need to.

On a last note, I will be in Hawaii with family for Christmas this year. So I will not be posting from Dec. 19th - the new year, early Jan. So I'd like to take this chance to thank those who stop and read this blog, and I hope everyone reading this has a happy holiday season with their friends and loved ones. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! <3



Edit: I wanted to change the look of this blog, so I added a video roll from a very nifty sex education channel on Youtube. Go take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment