Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Get to Do This As My Practicum? Sweet!

I'm so psyched. Right now I'm doing research for a YouthCo staff member about sexual lubricants - types, viscosities, marketing, etc. I'm also working on trivia, which encompasses questions about HIV/Hep. C, harm reduction, general health and wellness, and sexual health (including birth control, condoms, STIs, etc). It's so awesome! :D Everything right up my alley.

I'm looking at the website Scarleteen.com (http://www.scarleteen.com/), and I've decided to try to join as a volunteer, or maybe even a staff member. That would be a long way away of course, but this is the field I'd like to get into, and if I can get my foot in the door somehow, I'm hoping it will benefit me in the near future. Especially if I end up moving to be near my partner's family again, but that's another tangent in itself.

Aside from that, not much else is new. Still tired, still stressed, still dealing with family BS that will probably never resolve itself. I'm into week 6 of my practicum, and I can't believe we're almost half done! Can't wait to get it over with so I can grad and move on with life!

No comments:

Post a Comment